Thursday 11 October 2012

3rd Birthday!

Last week my eldest daughter celebrated her 3rd (eek) birthday! Can't believe how time is flying by! I made this card for her big day -
I am very happy with how the card turned out, especially considering I started the card three times! I had awful trouble trying to think of a card to make. All printed paper I had was too old for her, so eventually I found some polka dotted paper I could work with.


I cut out an oval scalloped edge from a silver pinstripe board. I then used my Big shot to cut out the digit 3 from foam. I also used the Big Shot to cut out all the letters for Sarah. I put the jewels on the letters, and stuck the flower embellishment onto the centre of the flower.


For variety, I used an unusual fold for the card. It is kind of hard to work out from the first photo, so the photo above might give a better angle.
For the middle panel, I embossed some pink card and stuck it down. My embossing folder was not long enough to emboss the full height of the card (210mm) So I embossed both ends of the pink card and matched them up, or as close as I could get. I then stuck my silver scalloped oval on top.


We had a great birthday party, and really enjoyed making the card when I eventually decided what I was doing!!

I am entering this card in the following challenges -
LEJ designs - Happy Birthday
Sassy Cheryls Challenge 136 - Happy Birthday

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww Sarah's card is Sooooooooo Cute!!
Very Girly!! :-)
Hugs,
Michelle xx

crafty-stamper said...

beautiful cute girly Birthday card love the shapr thanks for joining us at LEJ Designs
Carol DT x

JACKIE M said...

Great card,love all that pink and the embossing folder.


Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

Emily said...

So cute... I love polka dots too!! Love how you put the jewels on the letters and the embossing too :-)