Monday 26 August 2013

Funky Girls and Boys

This week over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges the new challenge is 'Funky Girls and Boys', with the kind sponsor of Kenny K. The prize up for grabs this week are some digi images from Kenny K.

As you might know from previous posts, I am not used to digi images at all! I was lost a bit with this digi image at first, as I kept dwelling on what I didn't have to craft with, and how impossible it was to colour him in. But then I did a little "talking to myself", and decided to focus on what I did have, and with the positive energy flowing, my luck changed!!

I normally find it so hard to make cards for men or boys. I have no embellishments that would be suitable for male cards, and even my choice of printed papers is pretty lacking for masculine 'themed' projects/cards. With this digi image from Kenny K I could combine what I have, to produce a funky boys card!


I used watercolour paints to colour him in, and then chose to frame the image with a red pen hand-drawn frame. I backed it onto some red card, giving a few millimeters of a frame.

With some navy card, I cut a scalloped edge, and stuck on a strip of lime green printed paper. With the same navy board I cut out a circle, and then stamped in green ink onto some white board. I have this really funky die and stamp set, that makes cutting out the toppers so easy!! (I will try and find the make of it) I cut out an even larger yellow checked pattern board, and stuck it down on top of the navy strip, but behind the digi image. I then stuck my '100% Cool" topper overlapping the digi image and the yellow check circle.



I used some red striped washi paper to add a bit of horizontal interest, as the card seemed a little bare to the left. I then 'evened' off the image by doing a piece vertically. I cut the washi tape to create a bunting and banner edge.


On the far left, the card still looked a bit barren. I cut a hole on the fold of the card, and threaded some twine through. I looped it around the card twice, and laced two buttons through. This just finished off the card, without creating too fussy a card for a young man!!

I am entering this card in a few challenges.

Why not give the challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges a go?
Thanks for stopping by,
Eithne :)

3 comments:

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hi Eithne! No one would ever know by looking at your card you were a little "lost". It is fantastic! Love all the extras you did with the die cuts and the washi tape and your coloring of the Kenny K image is perfect!!
Hugs
Darcy

butterfly dream cards said...

WOW i love it.....very very nice indeed....just perfect...

fiona DT
TTPH

Emily said...

Fair play to you, I would be lost! Your rads are just getting better and better, well done, this is fab! X