Saturday 28 July 2012

Card with freebie papers!

I LOVE to buy crafting magazines! I especially *love* when there are free gifts!! This card was made with one of the free gifts from a magazine a while back.

I used a Kraft card blank, and tore (*gasp*) the printed freebie paper at the side and stuck it to a similar coloured solid piece of cardboard. I used another printed freebie paper for the right side, and then cut a frame with my cricut. Using a gold pen I "stitched" the edge of the frame. I punched holes each side of the frame and threaded a ribbon through. I have only recently started using buttons on cards, and I love them! I used a button also for the centre of the flower.
For the sentiment I used some stickers on a piece of card. The colour of the card was too bright, so I used some brown watercolour paint to grubby it up!
My camera work still needs perfecting, it didn't focus correctly on the sentiment!
I used foam pads to lift the greeting off the card a bit!

Thanks for all the lovely comments for my first card challenge! I'm slowly making my way back to everyone's blog to return the greetings! :D

 Thanks for stopping by, hope you have great day.

1 comment:

jen said...

Beautiful card...tfs
Hugs,jen