Tuesday 4 August 2015

Crafting while camping?!

Hello!

Hope you are enjoying the summer. Here in Ireland we have a few days of summer, and then Winter takes over!! With all the "summer" activities going on, I'm finding I have so many photos and trips to journal/scrap about. Keep a watch on this space for some scrapbooking adventures!

We recently went camping, a first time as a family to Westport House, Co. Mayo, Ireland. My husband and I camped around New Zealand in 2003, but with kids it's very different! Priorities change, and this time the best camping spot was the one closest to the kids sand pit play area!



If you are ever in the West of Ireland, near Westport, Westport House is a definite must. It is built in rememberance of Grace O'Malley, on the same land of her tower, by her ancestors. Such magnificent house and gardens.

I am so tempted when going camping, to bring some crafting supplies with me. This time I didn't bring any, and I was quite glad not to have. We had quite a few torrential showers, and I didn't fancy having to protect any paper supplies from the wet west weather. Do you ever craft while camping?!
 After all the camping adventures, on my return I was able to craft in my dry room!! I made for my neighbour.

I used a 5x7" Kraft card (I'm particularly in love with this tone of card ;) ) and used some of My Mind's Eye paper collection to layer up.

I die cut and stamped the sentiment and used a beautiful Prima Pebbles Cailioux.

Hope you have a wonderful day, and do you ever craft while camping?
Eithne :)

No comments: