Friday 28 August 2015

End of month inspiration over at Craft for the Craic

Hello! Happy Friday to you! Can you believe it's the last Friday in August? This week has been pretty chaotic, my eldest daughter went back to school, my second girl started playschool and my husband started a new job, having changed careers to become a teacher. All school based this week! Thank God for the weekend ;)
I'm posting a card I made for my husband, before starting his new job.
This month over at Craft for the Craic this is the photo inspiration. I chose to let the greens inspire my card.


I wanted to avoid the "good luck" messages, so chose a more thought provocative one from KaiserCraft.

I decided to use up a selection of my off cuts (scraps - don't tell my husband ;) ) that worked well together.



I die cut some vellum and embossed it with my heart folder, it complemented the heart die cut. I used Versafine Sepia ink to stamp the sentiment onto some kraft card I had, and used some kraft card to layer the two lime green papers. I used a top folding cream card, 6" square.
Thank you for stopping by today, do you ever get to use up your scraps/off cuts?
Have a great Friday, and if you are crafting, why not give the challenge a go?
Eithne

No comments: