Friday 4 March 2016

Luck of the Irish :)

Hello! Happy New Year!!!! Two months later ;) I haven't been blogging much lately, enjoying too many great television series and crocheting! You can check out some of my unblogged crafts on my Instagram account. In the future there may be some calligraphy coming up, I got some beautiful Calligraphy pens at Christmas and have been doing a bit of doodling.
More to follow!!

Today, I am showing you a card I made for my brother, and for the Craft for the Craic's March theme - "Luck of the Irish". In the middle of March, we celebrate our Patron Saint's Day, St. Patrick or Paddy's Day (*NOT* Patty's Day ;)  ) and our theme is "Luck of the Irish". You can interpret the theme, as usual, anyway you like!
My brother recently changed career paths, so I made him a card to wish him luck on his new journey!


The base was a kraft A5 card, and I used some papers from My Minds Eye 6x6 paper pad - "Follow Your Heart". I absolutely LOVE this paper pack. Love the different colours and how they all combine so well together. (it does help I'm particularly partial to teal and tan lately ;) ) I am forever on the look out for more of this paper, only problem is I noticed a spelling mistake on one of the quotes. I contacted the manufacturer and they said they were not reprinting the paper pad. :(  I will need to look out for old stock and ignore my OCD urge to correct the mistake!


I also used some embossed vellum paper, a kraft tag, some blue raffia, some cork and chipboard embellishments. 
 I stamped a few different stamps in brown ink, to the background layer.
 
I did some doodling around the edge of the tag in a gold pen and added some raffia to the twine to lift the colour.

Thank you for stopping by today, and hope your Friday goes well :) If you are crafting and it matches the theme, why not enter our challenge over at Craft for the Craic. 
I am entering this card in the Simon says Stamp challenge - Touchy Feely (the embossed vellum and all the chipboard embellishments)

Lá Fhéile Pádraig duit! (Happy St. Patrick's Day)
Happy Crafting,
Mise le meas,
Eithne

1 comment:

Suchi said...

Your card is so pretty Eithne! Glad you made and blogged after a long time because you make such beautiful things! :)